Thursday, February 10, 2011

I've been so incredibly depressed lately. Nothing feels right anymore. I don't even see a point in living anymore. My heart has been ripped out of me and I am left so broken inside. What am I supposed to do without him? My life will never be the same again. What's the point in living anymore.


These were all my thoughts throughout my day....then someone reached out to me today and gave me this. She leaned over after asking me if my heart was still with the Lord and after slowly nodding yes, she handed me a piece of paper with the following written down on it. The littlest gesture from a person can really save someones life. This person saved my life today. I will cherish this forever.....


A FATHERS SONG
My daughter, you are beautiful
I twisted every strand of DNA with my own fingers
I chose your hair that shines
I chose your eyes that glow
Every dimple
Every lash
Every inch of your skin
I made myself.
"She's perfect." I said.
"Do you see my daughter? She's captivating!"

My daughter, you are loved.
I watch you laugh
I watch you grow
One glance takes my breath away
Every image sketched
Every point scored
Every note sung
I burst with pride
"Do you see her? Look! That one's mine."

My daughter, you are known.
I have counted every hair on your head
I know your ideal Guy
Your most embarrassing moment
Your favorite kind of ice cream
I know your fears and your ambitions
I know every secret you've ever had
I know your past
Present
and your future.
I know you better than you know yourself

My precious daughter, you are held
I have seen the tears
The nights when your pillow is soaked
I have seen the heart that was shattered
The hopes and dreams so cruelly dashed

Oh, my daughter, I have seen.
I have caught every tear in a bottle
And I keep it close to my heart
I collected the pieces of your heart
And I hold them still
Longing to restore them.
My arms are ready,
Open,
Reaching.

Run to me!
Run to me!
And I will give you rest.



And just like that, my faith was given back to me. All it took was for one person today to remind me of how much I am loved by the lord. He is waiting for me and so is ronnie. They both are wanting me to earn my spot up there and that's what I intend to do. I will see ronnie again.

I love him...

No comments:

Post a Comment